Raw dog food recipes are very important to have if you want to feed your dogs with raw foods. The recipes will guide you to prepare raw foods properly. The raw foods possible to be fed to dogs are raw meats, bones, fruits, and vegetables. Some experts say that there are pluses and minuses of raw foods for dogs. With raw foods, the dogs will have shinier coats, cleaner and stronger teeth, healthier skin, smaller tools, and higher energy levels. However, with raw foods your dog may get affected negatively by bacteria in raw meats, your dog may get choked because of the bones he or she eats, the teeth may be broken, and your dog may get internal punctures. The raw foods that are given extendedly may cause unbalanced diet that in the end will damage your dog’s health. Whatever it is, you should consult your vet before you feed your dog with raw foods.
Raw dog food recipe for large dogs
There must be many variations for raw dog foods, but the recipe below can be taken into consideration:
- Prepare 1.5 cups of raw chopped meat. You also may include some chopped bones.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of raw vegetables and fruits. You may mix celery apples, and carrots.
- Prepare 2 teaspoonfuls of fish oil
- Add minerals/vitamins
- Prepare a lot of fresh water for your dog to drink
Mix all the ingredients well and serve it to your dog. After finishing the meal, your dog should drink a lot of water. Remember, whether it is for smaller or larger dogs you have to know that an adult dog need to eat raw foods at least two percent of his or her bodyweight every day. For examples, a fifty-pound dog will need more than one pound food, for a 100-pound dog, he or she will need 2.5 pounds of raw food. The composition of the raw food should be 75 percent of meat and 25 percent of vegetables and fruits, and for bones, your dog only needs 1:1 ratio of meats and bones. Big bones with little meat are not really good for your dog.
Raw food recipe for dogs
This easy recipe below can be used to prepare raw foods for your dog. The raw dog with this recipe can be fed to your dog in halved or doubled, depends on the size of your dog.
- Prepare 10 pounds of raw ground beef
- Prepare 18 hardboiled eggs
- Prepare the egg shells that have been stored in the refrigerator first. Note: eggshells are good for your dogs since they contain digestible calcium which is very easy to absorb.
- Prepare 15 cups of cooked white rice which has been cooled in the fridge first. Note: the white rice is easier to digest by your dog.
- Prepare supplement like minerals, enzymes, vitamins that has been consulted to your vet first.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly with big spoon. The raw dog with this recipe can be fed to your dog in halved or doubled, depends on the size of your dog.
Raw dog food diet recipe
Consider the recipe below for your dog:
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 ounces of chicken livers.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of baby spinach.
- Prepare 2 eggs with shells.
- Prepare chopped of one carrot.
- Prepare chopped of one apple.
- Prepare 0.5 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoonful of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoonful of ground flax seeds.
Mix them well in a big bowl and prepare it to your dog after being cooled in the refrigerator.
So, what do you think? Are you ready now to replace your dry dog food with this raw dog food? It is great if the article about raw dog food recipes can get you inspired to make your own raw food for your dog.